Friday, June 7, 2013

What a DIY project this turned out to be!!


I have had one of those off the wall days. I admit I had a sticker shock when I went to the store the other day. My lovely little gal needed new underwear and goodness sakes I wasn't going to pay $7 for 4 pairs of underwear it is grained into my blood not to pay more then a $1 per pair of underwear for her, besides only having $5.75 in my pocket so we left the store defeated. As we were driving home  my wheels were turning it hit me I know how to sew even though it has been 10years. I am sure I can hash this out and do it. It took me two weeks, several hours on google and picking the brains of my mom who I tell you is the best seamstress to get brave enough to do it. The only problem I ran into was I couldn't find the pattern. I did find a size 5 pattern which I then ran to my mom to help me cut this pattern a size bigger that was last night.  And this morning I got busy on it and spent a good 3hrs on it and yes I did end up ripping out seams, But I finally got it together and I admit it doesn't look to bad it does have a few wobbly lines though Hey, what you expect for the first round.

So after calling k in which I can tell she was excited to see them and to try them on

We still had an issue

it still was a size to small, GEE. So back to the drawing board I go and tell k it will be another couple hours or so until I get the next one done. The one good thing is I know how to make the pattern bigger and I know what needs to be done, so praying this one won't take me as long and yes I will be posting about it soon.  By the way I do have to admit after I get the pattern right these will only cost me less then a $1 a piece.
Here is the breakdown of the items I used.
1-tshirt (I got mine from the Dollar Tree) each t-shirt makes two pairs
2 yards of elastic it cost me $.40 a yard