Wednesday, May 8, 2013

For the Banana Collectors-Banana Bread on the Shelf

So you are probably full of ?? on this post well I am a banana Collector!!  I am the one who finds a darken banana then throw it in the freezer, problem with that I end up with a big bowl full it when I go to clean my freezers. So What in the world to do with all of these bananas well of course We did make the following banana waffles & muffins.



And of course you have to make banana bread and then freeze. Well I have a BIG issue with that 1-I don't ever have the room and 2 it seems to get mushy if it sits to long in there and taste funny. One day I was reading in my canning group that you can can banana bread. No Way I really could do that, so Out came the wide mouth jars and the mixer and now I will show you how.


Banana Bread in a Jar
2c of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 ts ground nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2c of bananas (about 5 or 6)
1c sugar
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
1/4 c walnuts (optional)

preheat oven 325 degrees

Step 1-Sterlize your jars and then take shortening and rub the inside of jar. Don't go skippy on it otherwise it will stick.
Step 2-mix you ingredients together
Step 3-Pour mix into jars, only half full
Step 4-Set your jars in a pan, don't touch each other.
             It easier to get the pan out then ea jar out of the oven.
Step 5-Set your jars in the middle rack of your oven and bake for 45min this is the easy part
To check them to see if they are done just lightly touch top and see if it is gooey and then look and see if it is brown to your liking.
Step 6-Once cooked, shut oven off and take one jar at time.
Step 7-Wipe the rim with a towel with a little vinegar on it and then screw on your lid.
Step 8-Set aside and wait for the ping sound.
Now you have banana bread in your pantry instead of the freezer.  YUMMY
I can't keep mine on the shelf and I personal wouldn't keep it on the shelf for to long.