Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peak into my World-Awe moment

I think this is one of those Awe moments in a moms life.  This morning I was going through my to do list of things. Especially after almost 2 weeks of not being on my normal schedule and boy I am happy to say I am glad to be back on it today. After I loaded the dishes, the washer, cleared the table, threw some muffins together and started baking them. I started thinking what else needed to be done, when I hear this crash. My plant that I just sat on the counter decided to throw a temper tantrum and decided it didn't want on the counter. What hit it for the life of me I can not figure out.  So after I cleaned that mess up and I decided the best thing to do, was to grab my mojo and then work on devotions and then blogging.  What I didn't put in that list was milk falling out of the fridge along with a container of blueberries. Those are the worse things to chase on a floor they go everywhere that there is a crack and under everything.

So after chasing blueberries and finally getting my mojo I sit down open up my devotions and you know how the mind tends to start wondering, yep that is what mine started doing. Then my eyes started wondering and my mind started to compile another list when my eyes hit this little picture (show above) my daughter must of made it last night while I was out . This picture looks like just a bunch of colors and a big mess like my morning already, but if you look very closely at the very bottom it says Mom u Oka. Whoa, even though everything looks like a mess or seems to be chaotic, I am ok. That seemed to put the halt on my wondering little brain and I thought no matter what mess or chaos comes my way, I am alright because God is right there and knows what I don't know.

As my mind settle on this thought, I opened my devotions and what is the very first verse I see
 “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9).  Well I don't know what more can be a lesson then this though I do love how God works from a picture of a 5yr old to the wonders of his word.
To know that he knows me even when my mind wanders and to know that I am alright even when I am chasing blueberries on the floor, or picking up dirt or trying to keep up with dishes and laundry. It is great to know this is where I should be in the chaos of life.....