Saturday, February 2, 2019

Journey of Life-the Tsunami

   
 Journey of Life has many elements and some of those elements absolutely, Suck. For us it has been the last 13yrs though we have survived. As most of you may of notice last year I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth and in a sense I did. The downhill spiral for me actually happened 5yrs ago it started as a trickle then gradually turned into a roaring tsunami.

Like I said, this started as a trickle, our first ripple began when death hit our door, my husbands boss, 4 close friends, and then my father in law.  The flood gates begun to open now and Mother Nature decided to throw her fist in the pool, we had floods, baseball size hail, prairie fires and tornadoes. Do keep in mind that we are in the middle of major renovations.  Now that our river is a raging rapid, we barely catch our breath when the  next ripple hits us, my mom lost her job and her mother passed away just a few months later my 3yr old nephew passed. Then the tsunami hits us with 3 trips to ER for me, 1 trip for husband and 2 trips to Dr. for my daughter. Chalking it up to emotional trauma, stress etc.we plugged on. As the tsunami wave withdraws it came back in with vengeance, we had  the death of a close friend, a mentor to my daughter.  I do believe the pivot point breaking for us was seeing no spark in our daughters eyes just pain, hurt, angry, etc. and looking back I think that was in all of us.  In the last 3 months with God's help we are struggling to put pieces back together and the spark back in to heal together as a family.  We have shifted gears as a family and love to share with our readers our journey back from the tsunami of life.  As for our readers, you will still see the free deals, budget friendly, etc. though there will be a lot of new recipes, stories for all of you. So on that note let the journey begin.