Friday, May 24, 2013

Recipe of the Day-2 Eggplant Dishes

I got eggplant from the bountiful baskets and I have to admit this is one that I never cooked or tried. What a hoot it was to do these two dishes and to try.
First Dish
Eggplant Disks
1 eggplant
1 c Parmesan cheese
1 T basil
1 T oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs
2-shallow dishes
Preheat 375 degrees

1. Wash and slice the eggplant. In a shallow dish whisk the eggs in.  In a second shallow dish mix in the cheese, basil, oregano, salt & pepper.
2. drag your eggplant in egg, shake slightly to remove excess.
3. drag your eggplant in cheese
4. Place on a greased cookie sheet, repeat until finish.
5. Roast in the oven for 15min, then flip the disk and roast for another 15min.
6. Enjoy!!


Second Dish
Eggplant Spaghetti
left over eggplant disks (I had about 1 c leftover)
1/2 c red onion
2 garlic crushed
1/2c of mushrooms
4 oz of spaghetti noodles
1 polish sausage
1 1/2 c of marina sauce (I used the homemade pizza sauce watch for my recipe)
1 c of mozzarella cheese
1/2c of Parmesan cheese

1. Boil you water with 1 T of salt and cook your noodles, drain, ad in sauce and place in casserole dish.
2. In another pan ad 3T of oil and cook onion, garlic, mushrooms and sausage until soft about 5min, stir often after cook place in casserole dish.
3. Ad your eggplant disk and Parmesan cheese in, toss gently (I use my hands and just mix it)
4.Sprinkle on mozzarella on top
5. Bake for 15 to 20min in a 400 degree oven.
4.