Thursday, April 11, 2013

Where is the Courtesy today?

I really need to take clues from my little dog. Here he is singing at the top of his lungs...maybe singing BABY it is Cold out though he wasn't going to be left out going shopping that should of told me to just stop and go back inside.


I would of had a picture of our haul though I was a little to rattle by what had happened and I was totally exhausted by the time I got home.  First clue I was going to have problems several items that I needed wasn't on the shelf. Second clue was there was problems at the register.  K and I hauled the cart out to the truck emptied it and then we sat looking over the receipt that is when I realized that they didn't take off the milk. So k and I went back into the store to inquire about it and why. The response we got....You have to bring in your groceries so that we can rescan everything and then fix the problem. Needless to say I was like Really and it just went down hill from there after 5min with this cashier who refused to help us. We ended up heading back outside to the truck loading all the groceries back into a cart and then hauling it back in after this episode. I inquired with her can I have somebody help me carry this out...let me just say it didn't work out that way. K and I ended up hauling it back out to the truck and then heading home.  Now this was just the tip of the iceberg and I really do love shopping at the stores though on this occasion I hate.

My overall thinking on this was in this day an age majority of the stores can just scan the receipt fix the issue give the money back. Second of all what happened to common courtesy to customers it really has become a form of lost art around here and rare to see. Just in this little side trip...cashier rudeness, 2 cars didn't stop just hit the gas in the parking lot and didn't let us get across, 3 guys walked by us even when our cart got stuck in the snow,  I can go on but this is just the tip of what happened. I do admit my attitude was sour after that and I did have to apologize.

One thing positive it did do is open the door for k to start thinking about what courtesy is and how we can do something about it. I really do think we need to slow down and give people some courtesy. It doesn't have to be the most noticeable act just a simple smile or maybe just a helping hand. What is one way we can give someone courtesy today?