Saturday, March 23, 2013

Recipe of the Day-Salad in a Jar






I found this out a while back and I just truly love it. This is a salad in a jar, which I found in one of the many things I read a while ago.
So what you need is your salad fixing...I don't ad salad dressing in mine, if you do make sure all the wet stuff is way at the bottom that way the lettuce don't get mushy.

In mine I have broccoli slaw, then tomatoes, then ham, then lettuce and I just layered it in.
The last thing I put in is a oxygen absorber which you can find on Amazon. You can vacuum seal it as well just head over here to order one and how to do it.
 
For jars I just recycle jars from pasta sauce, fruit, etc.

I use large Pasta jars for family size salads...Saves time in making a salad for dinner.
& I use the smaller size for single servings...Great to grab and go and use in coolers.