Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipe of the Day-Banana Waffles and Syrup


Don't this look yummy...I admit it barely made it off the waffle iron before it was dived into.  I always have this gal bag of bananas in my freezer and when I get the umph to do something I go to town with my bananas. Making Banana bread, waffles you name it. So since this is what I was doing I thought I would share with you my favorite banana waffle and syrup recipe.


Banana Waffles
This recipe works the best with over ripe bananas!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 pinch (1/4 tsp) ground nutmeg 
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 1 egg 
  • 3 bananas smashed 
Preparation:Preheat waffle iron.
In large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in bananas, milk and eggs until smooth.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto the iron. Cook until golden brown.

Banana Syrup
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (over ripe is best)
  • 1 teaspoon banana extract
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preparation:
Heat syrup and bananas in small saucepan for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in extract and lemon juice.