Friday, November 30, 2012

Recipes recreated-Meatbal soup created from hormel sandwich maker

Lately I have had several questions about meal planning and planning on meals around the sales flyers and there is the Big Question WHAT IN WORLD do I do?  A little secret I plan meals on my stockpile and what is on sale is to replenish my stock.

So say for example I have stocked in my cupboard right now 20 yakisoba noodles...Oh my goodness I am not just going to eat them as is. I will create them into something else.  So to help you out I will give you recipes that I have recreated and of course I will provide you the best deal to snag these, if you don't want to run all over just head to Walmart to price match. :) Enjoy

Meatball Soup
 Serves 6
  • 3 hormel sandwich maker Meatballs
    • $1.98 at Walmart
    • use coupon $1.00 hormel sandwich maker, exp 1/7 (SS 11/11) =$.98ea
  • 3 cups beef broth
    • $1.29 for can at Walmart
  • 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
    • $.98-walmart, no coupons
  • 1 cup diced potato, about 1 medium potato
    • $.99lb-safeway
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
    • $.99lb-safeway
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 16 ounces (about 3 cups) frozen mixed vegetables
    • $1.25-Sunmart
    • use $.50/2 green giant steamers, exp 1/5 (11/11 SS)(st will db to $1)=$1.50
      • + you got one extra bag for another day :)

Preparation:

Dump the Hormel sandwich maker meatballs in a strainer and wash the sauce off, you can leave it if you want.  Then In crockpot, combine meatballs, broth, tomatoes, potato, onion, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, until potatoes and onion are tender. Stir in frozen vegetables and cook on HIGH for 1 hour longer.
If desired, serve with a tossed salad and pass the Parmesan cheese.

Side Dish-Dole Salad Mix $.99 at Sunmart