Wednesday, March 29, 2023

New Way to study the Color Wheel


  I am always looking for new ways to help my daughter study and expand  art skills. This is one tool that I wished I had a long time ago for myself as an artist. 

I stumbled upon it one day surfing through youtube, the channel name is Coloring Bliss by an artist, named Jennifer Stay.  

Coloring Bliss is one site that needs to be added to any schooling.  You will find they have created an academy on coloring, some of the lessons are on color pencils, markets, coloring objects, color theory's and more. There is an arsenals of tools that is especially great for upcoming artists
Though what got my gills really going was when I found that she created a PDF color wheel swatch chart.
 OH boy was that an eye opener for me cause of course I heard of the color wheel though putting colors together I just threw together what I like. This booklet breaks down the colors and guess work for you. Basically you pick your medium...here I have an example of my pencils you have a sheet for each primary color then it breaks it down to tone sets...light, medium, dark. 
They have created booklets on Prismacolor, Tombow, etc. that you can print out and slide into a binder creating a library for you art tools. This is one item that every artist or up and coming artist should have in their stash 

  


Not only that you have a complete swatch of all your colors as well and keep track of what needs to be replace. You can find this tool and many more over here on Coloring Bliss